New year, new start, new set of diets, same old clichés… but before I talk about future plans let’s look at past successes and mistakes. In particular, the graph, which hasn’t been updated since last October… when I moved on to the final diet of 2018 AKA “Fuckit”.
Last year I did my best to adhere to the following diets
- Generic Low Carb
- Slow Carb (like low carb but with beans and less fat and a really annoying book)
- No-S (no sweets no snacks no seconds except on days that begin with an s)
- Intermittent fasting (5:2)
- Huel (vegan meal replacement shakes)
- Clever Guts (Mediterranean with extra kefir and sauerkraut)
- Just Write It All Down
- Calories In-Calories Out
- Paleo (pretend you’re a cavewoman)
- Fuckit (don’t follow any diet at all)
The willpower fairies fucked off good and proper in October and thus for the last 2.5 months or so of last year I was on a non-diet. This meant a lot more egg on toast and a few more veggie-burgers than were strictly necessary. I put back on some of the weight that I’d lost – but not all. I finished the year 12.5% lighter than I started which I’m counting as a win.